[SOLVED] GPU Overheat Shutdown? [XFX RX580]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azivel

Prominent
Apr 29, 2020
I'm currently having problems playing Call of Duty or other games I play (Mainly WoT.) I've lowered graphics settings, increased fan speed, even tried re-pasting my GPU, and it keeps running up to over 90° C and shutting down. No blue screen, nothing just. "Boop, I'm done."

Keep in mind I'm not SURE that the GPU is the problem - Could be something else entirely.

My current build:
Case: NZXT H510i
Motherboard: MSi MPG Gaming Edge Wifi X570
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 16gb (2x8gb) 3200MHz
GPU: XFX RX580 GTS 8gb
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 280mm Liquid Cooler
PSU: Thermaltake 850w Gold Semi-modular (This thing I've been using since like 2014, so it could be the problem?)

plshelp

Solution
The easy way to test this is to undervolt and keep the side panel off so that temps don't get up to 90C. If it doesn't shut down in lower temperatures, then there's your problem. As for solutions, well... better airflow would be the only thing, I suppose. Or strap a couple 120mm case fans on the heatsink!

Azivel

Prominent
Apr 29, 2020
This driver has been out since 2/28/2020 and I haven't had any problems with it. I am reusing the same GPU from my old PC, since it's only 1.5 years old or so.

Gzr

Apr 8, 2020
The easy way to test this is to undervolt and keep the side panel off so that temps don't get up to 90C. If it doesn't shut down in lower temperatures, then there's your problem. As for solutions, well... better airflow would be the only thing, I suppose. Or strap a couple 120mm case fans on the heatsink!

Last edited:
Solution
Apr 28, 2020
Did you modify automatic overclocking setting in bios? I never used the X570 but it's a overclocking chipset motherboard. So maybe there is some automatic voltage tweak for your PCIe and this could cause temp trouble on the GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.