GPU overheated, now I'm getting display problems. (Artifacting?)

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
So, I'm a donkey and disabled my GPU fan (limited it to 30%) TWICE the last two days, because once again I am a donkey. What's done is done, but now I am experiencing grey and black and maybe white lines that last literally 200ms. I'm not sure if that is exactly whats happening, but this is the most I can see in 200ms. The entire screen does NOT go grey/b/white but maybe a fifth. Both monitors.

It has happened 4 times in 5 hours of gaming. Honestly, I don't care too much since I am getting a 970 to replace this 680 soon and I'm 99% sure the 680 is at fault, but I was planning to resell it and I would not like to resell a broken card, that's just wrong.

This card is 2 years old, and has been used EXTENSIVELY since launch. This 'artifacting' began immediately after the second overheat, today. I remember this happening about a year ago, but I don't remember the solution sadly.

Thanks for the help!

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
Hmm, I just saw the artifacting when I was browsing the web, and only with one tab. The GPU clock was running at full speed, though. Maybe it is having problems when under load only? Any ideas?

EDITL: Literally just happened again... oh no. 2 times in 2 minutes. YIKES!