Question GPU overheating and rebooting PC while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2020
So I have a Radeon RX 590 fatboy which has just a few months of use, never had problems with until now when I was playing Insurgency Sandstorm. I play this game a lot and it's the first time it overheats bad and forced my PC to reboot but no image shows on screen and I have to force a manual shutdown. I'm running MSI afterburner on the background and even though temperatures show no more than 68°C my PC reboots every single time while I'm in a game, I ran some troubleshooting but no errors are shown. Does anyone know if something is wrong?
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600g
AMD Radeon RX 590 fatboy
2x8GB RAM 3200MHz Ripjaws V series
Thermaltake Smart 600W
Asus Prime B450M-A

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020
I've been having problems with my buildup the last few days, I used to run the same demanding games before without any problems but now out of nowhere when I'm running them for a few minutes my pc reboots, screen goes black or sometimes green or red. I tried 2 different PSUs to check for a faulty cable and the problem persists. CPU temps look normal in the 60's range, the GPU would slowly increase temps to 70C stay there and then PC reboots. After some troubleshooting and reading I'm thinking my PSU is not powerful enough, there was an articule saying my GPU needs 500W minimum. I used different PSU calculators and they all give me ~491W usage. Is it a faulty component, faulty GPU or is my PSU not powerful enough and doing a safety shutdown?
Specs:
•AMD Ryzen 5 3600
•XFX RX 590 fatboy
•Asus Prime B450M-A
•2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz
•500GB M.2 NVMe
•1TB Sata SSD
•6x120mm RGB fans (12V, 0.29A each)
•PSUs I tried: Thermaltake Smart 600W / Corsair CV550

Status
Not open for further replies.