Question GPU overheating due to being dusty ,is removing the fan safe ?

Led zeppelin blues

Honorable
Mar 8, 2015
GPU - Zotac GTX 1650 SUPER

Hi ,
My previous cabinets' side panel was damaged due to which my pc case was open and a lot of dust had built up because of the ongoing construction on a empty plot next door

I tried blowing air with the vacuum cleaners blower which did help and the temps did go down while gaming but they are still hovering around 75 - 76 Celsius as only the outer dust is cleaned with the inside of the fan and heatsink still have dust

Can i open the fan from the four screws its connected to on the heatsink and safely remove the fans wire slot where its clipped in as i know removing heatsink requires reapplying thermal paste or pads but is removing fans safe with no additional after work required ?

Thanks and please let me know as the high temps are also downclocking the core frequencies as they rise up

Schlachtwolf

Commendable
Jun 22, 2019
Also just be mideful of where the fans are connected to the PCB for power, the wires are thin and if you pull the fans off without disconnecting the powerplug first there is a chance you could snap them.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
GPU - Zotac GTX 1650 SUPER

Hi ,
My previous cabinets' side panel was damaged due to which my pc case was open and a lot of dust had built up because of the ongoing construction on a empty plot next door

I tried blowing air with the vacuum cleaners blower which did help and the temps did go down while gaming but they are still hovering around 75 - 76 Celsius as only the outer dust is cleaned with the inside of the fan and heatsink still have dust

Can i open the fan from the four screws its connected to on the heatsink and safely remove the fans wire slot where its clipped in as i know removing heatsink requires reapplying thermal paste or pads but is removing fans safe with no additional after work required ?

Thanks and please let me know as the high temps are also downclocking the core frequencies as they rise up
Their nothing wrong with 76C on a video card.
Get a can of compressed air, hold the fan still and blow the card out.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS