[SOLVED] GPU performance tanked (RTX 2060)

PunchyTurtle

Prominent
Feb 9, 2021
My RTX 2060's performance absolutely tanked for no reason that I can think of. This morning, it was running fine. Chugging through games and doing a very steady 120 fps. A couple hours later, and it's rarely keeping 120, and usually sitting around 90 in Deep Rock Galactic on max settings, and sitting around 60 in Sea of Thieves at max settings. Everything I've been playing has been perfect 120 fps at max settings.
My temps have been around 40-50 C under low load, and 50-60 C under load. CPU temps have been around 40-50 C under low load, and 50 - 60 under load.

I have done absolutely 0 overclocking. Absolutely nothing has changed in between when I had perfect performance and when it tanked.

I've restarted, done my best to make sure the GPU wouldn't be thermal throttling for some reason, updated fan curves, completely uninstalled GPU drivers, reinstalled them, reinstalled them again, and restarted some more.
I am completely out of ideas, and this makes me sad.

Here's the full specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler
MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 GV-N2060GAMINGOC
Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

My OS is Windows 64 bit

Solution
Did you use DDU in safe mode to remove the drivers and reinstall them? If not, you are advised to do so.

I would also check with msi afterburner or HWInfo64 for the usage and temps of CPU and GPU to make sure everything is as expected.

Run a userbenchmark and post the link to the results here.

A malware scan would also be a good idea.
Did you use DDU in safe mode to remove the drivers and reinstall them? If not, you are advised to do so.

I would also check with msi afterburner or HWInfo64 for the usage and temps of CPU and GPU to make sure everything is as expected.

Run a userbenchmark and post the link to the results here.

A malware scan would also be a good idea.

Solution