[SOLVED] GPU placement

ShlomiU

Commendable
Mar 24, 2020
Hello good people.
I got my new pc today , when connecting the GPU I've came across a problem.

If I place the GPU on the upper pci port it literally covers the MB fan.

If I place it on the lower pci port , the actual gpu fans are really close to the bottom psu cover so idk if it may affect the temps , I've also uploaded photos.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated , where should I put it ?

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/wSNtGn7

Solution
If the first picture is with the GPU fully seated, there is plenty of clearance there for a smaller mATX setup. It's fine.

I certainly wouldn't want the latter picture.

The fans on the GPU will draw in air over the heatsink, theoretically any heat coming from than can then be picked up by your CPU cooler and exhausted out. The second image would mean the GPU is somewhat being starved of cool air.

That and you'll be running it in a smaller bandwidth slot more than likely.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
If the first picture is with the GPU fully seated, there is plenty of clearance there for a smaller mATX setup. It's fine.

I certainly wouldn't want the latter picture.

The fans on the GPU will draw in air over the heatsink, theoretically any heat coming from than can then be picked up by your CPU cooler and exhausted out. The second image would mean the GPU is somewhat being starved of cool air.

That and you'll be running it in a smaller bandwidth slot more than likely.

Last edited:
Solution

kanewolf

Titan
Hello good people.
I got my new pc today , when connecting the GPU I've came across a problem.

If I place it on the lower pci port , the actual gpu fans are really close to the bottom psu cover so idk if it may affect the temps , I've also uploaded photos.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated , where should I put it ?

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/wSNtGn7
I would not be concerned. The motherboard manufacturer has designed for this situation. Large graphics cards are the norm.