GPU Poor performance

ComK

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10572539

Hello everyone,

My GPU has been performing poorly for quite a long time now and i've finally decided to ask for a bit of help. As you can see in the benchmark it says that it's performing poorly compared to the average user's benchmark of the same gpu and I can't figure out why..I've checked the power management features and all that but everything is maxed out already and it's not overheating so I have no idea what the problem may be. I'd gladly appreciate some help :)

Solution
hmm just noticed that u have two drives and that slowest one is used as system drive...u might wanaa install windows to that 1TB, PC will speed up a bit
I would take benchmarks like these with a grain of salt. However there are a few things to look for.

First is check for some sort of frame capping. I had mine capped at 120fps and it caused my score to be very low.

Make sure everything else is closed. Yes Chrome and other browsers can steal GPU cycles depending on what pages they have open.

I noticed your memory score is quite poor and then I noticed that you are only running in single channel. I can't guarantee that adding another 8GB to your system will improve your graphics score (though it might if it's being bottlenecked), but it will help your overall performance as you should ideally be getting nearly double the throughput.

ComK

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016

I checked and there was no frame capping and everything was closed (background cpu was 1% which is basically nothing)
Can't test out the ram stuff since I can't upgrade right now, although I've never heard of the ram bottlenecking the gpu

ComK

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016

I don't about about that one chief, I've checked other users scores and there are quite a few people performing better with basically little to no difference of clocks. I've also tried overclocking up to 1315Mhz but it still gave me 50% score..

"50.1% is a reasonable 3D score (GTX 1070 = 100%). This GPU can handle the majority of recent games but it will struggle with resolutions greater than 1080p at ultra detail levels. (Note: general computing tasks don't require 3D graphics)"

Tests like this are relative, here a 1070 is the baseline. A test like this can be helpful in finding issues, but I wouldn't use it for more than that.

What about in actual real world use? "performing poorly for quite a long time now" what does that even mean? In games? Since you installed the card? Or did the card perform better before, then performance went down?

ComK

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016

I have tried that a few times already, but it always stays a 50% on the benchmark and nothing changes

ComK

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016

It generally performs well enough in games but in some of them it tend to slow down some times, for example i'm going at 60 fps and then it starts dropping to 20s for no reason since it's not overheating..So I thought the problem was that it's under-performing for some reason. It's nothing too bad but I thought maybe there was a way to solve this, even tho i'm becoming more and more skeptical about it being fixable, I think the card is gonna stay this away until it dies off

ComK

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016

I don't have a problem with it being slower than a gtx 1070, my problem is that it's under the average performance of the other rx 470s even at the same clock speeds..