gpu ports not working

Diink

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
hi, 2 days ago my pc screen just wouldnt detect my PC, from the Gpu (amd radeon HD 7770) so i tried with a diffrent GPU, still no signal. so i tried connecting the hdmi to the motherboard, and that works just fine. the fan on the GPU is still
running but, the pc screen wont respond to it at all. and i cant find the driver( might be because i dont know where it is, but tried to find it in driver manager)

things i have tried
-switching the input settings on pc screen
-switching GPU

Diink

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
i cant see the driver in device manager.
but i tried to uninstall and reinstall the AMD CCC, but its not listed on the uninstall control panel

VicVega1

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
I have no idea what kind of BIOS you are using, so just look around, you'll find it. If you don't feel comfortable fiddling around in the BIOS try reseting it to default (should be an option on the main screen). See if that helps. If not try reseting CMOS - you may have a button somwhere on the mobo or just unplug your PC and take the little flat battery out of the motherboard for about 15-20 minutes.

Diink

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
well, i have a acer predator g3610. and tried reseting it to default, but didnt do anything. i have no idea what cmos is, so im not gonna try that.

VicVega1

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
it's safe, don't worry. your BIOS uses information stored in CMOS when starting your computer. take the battery out for 15/20 minutes and see what happens.
you could check your manual to see where are the video card settings in your BIOS. Should be somwhere like 'advanced' > 'video/graphics' > 'primary video adapter'

Diink

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
so i took out the battery about 15 minutes, and put it back in, and still not working, i will google the gpu bios settings, because i cant find it...

Diink

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
do you think it might be the pci port? because talked a few friends today, and they thinks that it might be the motherboard pci port, if so how can i see/confirm if its broken.

Diink

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
i found the problem, for some reason the other graphic card (from my friend) didnt work, so i borrowed another, and that worked. but thanks for the help :)

Diink

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
well, the gpu i had doesnt work apparently, and with the first gpu i borrowed i think it was something with the driver that didnt work. And the second gpu i borrowed, came with a cd with the driver on so, it worked out