Apr 29, 2021
I've recently bought a prebuilt omen system (2nd hand) from a friend - Rtx 2060, i7 9700f etc. I benchmarked the system at his house, checked temps, everything seemed fine.

After a couple days at home the gpu would lose power anytime it would heat up enough to require power to cool it down via the fans, resulting in "no signal" on the monitor and a force restart being required.

I've seen this issue in threads all over the Internet and have tried every fix I can find: replacing thermal paste, trying different and older drivers, tested in 3 different pcs with PSU's ranging from 500w - 850w. Same issue every time. Do any kind strangers have any other ideas, or is the card just dead?

The system is (conveniently) just over a month out of its warranty. I understand the easiest option is to go back to the guy I bought it from and I have been in contact with him. However he is adamant that this problem did not exist when he used it (as you would be), and considering it's age I am inclined to believe him. Regardless, I'm stuck with it now so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

1) Do I understand correctly that the GPU failed in three different PCs?

2) Does the Omen system work without the GPU via integrated graphics (if supported)?

3) Do other GPU's work in the Omen system?

If the answers are yes (although #2 may be moot) then it is likely that the GPU (the card) is dead.

Apr 29, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

1) Do I understand correctly that the GPU failed in three different PCs?

2) Does the Omen system work without the GPU via integrated graphics (if supported)?

3) Do other GPU's work in the Omen system?

If the answers are yes (although #2 may be moot) then it is likely that the GPU (the card) is dead.

1) Yes, it failed in 3 different pcs

2/3) I haven't tried it with the on board graphics, I am currently using the system with my old gpu (rx570) and it works completely fine.

I understand, this is the conclusion I had come to aswell. Thanks anyway for taking the time to help!