Question GPU Power Supply

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What about running my older gpu as well 1050 I want to use both for mining all I can afford at the moment

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Which one of the three above do you have? Only one of them (the middle one) is of sufficient quality that you want to be running a 2060; the first one is a cheap, group-regulated PSU and the third has issues with transient power. The second one is OK, though not particularly high-quality.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
2060 tdp is 160 watt. 1050 tdp is 75 watt (though this could increase if card is a overclocked variant) Both requires around 235 watt for 100% utilization. Round it up to 250. A motherboard would more likely use 100 watt maximum (on average 40-80 watt, see motherboard's official page. They'd have specs). One ddr 4 ram unit consumes about 3-5 watt. If you have 8 unit that'd consume 40 watt. So in total you are using let's say 420 watts (390 for both gpu, rams and mobo, extra 30 for HDD and SSD). You'd still have 130 for cpu unless it's a very high end power hungry cpu.

If you really think that just counting wattage is the proper way to recommend a PSU, you really should not be offering advice on this subject, unless you're willing to provide the OP a warranty on components used when relying on your advice.

TRENDING THREADS