Question Gpu power throttle at only 45w?

Apr 8, 2023
My 3060 laptop gpu 95w throttles at only 45w after windows update , ive tried to reinstall drivers and everything yet nothing work , if i reinstall drivers it works till i restart then it mess up , please help

Exact Model number and brand/OEM of your Laptop ? You need to go the Laptop Manufacture's website and download all the latest drivers, firmware, device drivers, and BIOS as well. if it s not up-to-date.

If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Apr 8, 2023
dell g15 5510 , the drivers were all updated to the latest versions on the main page , but i ve found a weird fix , i reinstalled windows and noticed that the same thing happens but when i went into bios and restore the settings to factory it works rn , im guessing it had to do with fast boot because thats the only thing that ive changed in bios.

Apr 8, 2023
me again , i turned the fast boot to on again (its actually minimal not really on ) then went back in windows and it doesnt occur anymore actually im starting to think that the fact that i flashed my vbios helped it.

Apr 8, 2023
Hello , sorry but if u look at this in the future i want to say that i was dumb and it was something changed by AWCC , if u use AWCC there are some profiles there (balanced , performance , quiet and cool) if u set the profile to be
Balanced : gpu throttles at 80w
Performance : gpu throttles at 90w
Quiet and Cool : gpu throttles at 45w

Hello , sorry but if u look at this in the future i want to say that i was dumb and it was something changed by AWCC , if u use AWCC there are some profiles there (balanced , performance , quiet and cool) if u set the profile to be
Balanced : gpu throttles at 80w
Performance : gpu throttles at 90w
Quiet and Cool : gpu throttles at 45w
Yes, this is very like Omen Gaming Hub. Whilst it seems these inbuilt apps provide some function, they can often have the effect of making things worse. Just uninstall it and any other bloatware or 3rd party driver apps.

The throttling may also happen on the CPU too. Using the Windows power profiles is often the best.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Apr 8, 2023
Yes, this is very like Omen Gaming Hub. Whilst it seems these inbuilt apps provide some function, they can often have the effect of making things worse. Just uninstall it and any other bloatware or 3rd party driver apps.

The throttling may also happen on the CPU too. Using the Windows power profiles is often the best.
true , but for me its a pretty usefull feature , my temperatures are crazy so i just want to keep them in place