Question GPU Power Usage

Apr 30, 2019
So I have a Sapphire Radeon RX 460 Nitro OC 4GB GDDR5 128-bit Lite and the power usage does not go above 65 watts max. I am wondering if it's the full capacity of the card since it has a 6 pin power connector?
My specs:
Cpu: FX 6300
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0
Ram: HyperX Savage 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9
PSU: Zalman ZM600-GSII 600W

Last edited:
ZM600-GSII 600W

I suspect this PSU to be the culprit...The GS/GT power supply models from Zalman are of poor quality, and they fall under the lower TIER category as well. Please kindly replace this PSU, if possible. Don't take any RISK. Not recommended for gaming rigs, at least in my opinion..

I think the max TDP of that GPU might be 75W, but most of the RX 460 cards have GPU Power within this range, 35-48 W. I could be wrong though. How many PCI-e cables are there on your PSU ? Does your GPU model require one 6-PIN PCI-e cable ?

PS: I'm not saying the PSU is indeed the cause of all this, but I was just pointing out the build quality of that unit.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019
Hmm, I don't think that is the problem since there are people saying that have no problem with it even with higher end cards and even someone saying that he runs 2 cards on it.