[SOLVED] GPU Prices

SubGTX

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
Hey ya all. This has prabably been asked before, I appoligize, but I want to know when GPU Prices start to head south.

Solution
There should be a significant crypto-miner sell-out when ETH goes proof-of-stake, except the ETH people have promising a swith to PoS for years and it keeps getting pushed back.

AMD and Nvidia promise more supply of next-gen products, so there is a small chance availability may improve regardless of crypto at the end of the year, although they are all likely to come with 40+% MSRP increases relative to their respective namesake tiers to go along with the alleged 100+% performance bumps.

I'm not expecting particularly good performance-per-dollar to return until 2023.
Dead are the days of the lower high end GPUs being 350-500 dollars, welcome to the 800 dollar mid tier hellscape we live in now. I would be willing to bet we never see another top tier (3080 ti, 6800 xt) card for less than 700 like in the past (1080 ti, 2080S).

InvalidError

Titan
There should be a significant crypto-miner sell-out when ETH goes proof-of-stake, except the ETH people have promising a swith to PoS for years and it keeps getting pushed back.

AMD and Nvidia promise more supply of next-gen products, so there is a small chance availability may improve regardless of crypto at the end of the year, although they are all likely to come with 40+% MSRP increases relative to their respective namesake tiers to go along with the alleged 100+% performance bumps.

I'm not expecting particularly good performance-per-dollar to return until 2023.

Solution
Hey ya all. This has prabably been asked before, I appoligize, but I want to know when GPU Prices start to head south.

Prices are supposed to drop for new cards upon release some time between the end of July to around October, grab a card quick because price gouging goes into effect about a day after cards are released. Don't expect to pick up an RX 6600 XT or RTX 3060 Ti for $350 though. It all depends upon supply. Nvidia and AMD have sold every card and the vast majority went to miners.