[SOLVED] Gpu problem or windows?

Sep 4, 2021
MSI 3070 2x OC. Not been overclocked. Been playing on it since December 2020. All of a sudden I had several game crashes in a row and the. A pc crash. When coming back online, windows load screen had green dots all over. Desktop turned in horizontal green lines everywhere that change to purple when a white screen is displayed. Computer device manager shows my card but error code 43. Says it stopped my gpu. GeForce experience can’t update driver. Utility app I have shows 0mb, and grayed out bandwidth.
I have updated bio, DDU to uninstall gpu drivers in safe mode. Re-installed drivers from website. Nothing seems to work. Also shows my monitors as generics. I have changed power supply to 750 fully mod 80+ gold. ASU’s tuf gaming x570 plus WiFi. R7 3700x cpu. 32gb of 3200 ram. The computer won’t even let me reset my windows while keeping files. Is this gpu fried? Or a bad windows update? This seemed to start a day ish after windows updated.

Solution
the easiest test would be using the card in another system you know is functioning properly.
if still getting graphical artifacts the card is malfunctioning.

you can also perform a fresh OS wipe & install to verify if Windows had just become corrupted.
Sep 4, 2021
the easiest test would be using the card in another system you know is functioning properly.
if still getting graphical artifacts the card is malfunctioning.

you can also perform a fresh OS wipe & install to verify if Windows had just become corrupted.
Went and bought a flash drive to move all my schooling stuff over. Gonna try and wipe this system clean and see if it changes. Downfall, if it is the card, I have 3 weeks left of my semesters. I need the computer somewhat operational. I already started the RMA with MSI. But I have 20 days to send it. And I am waiting up too and beyond 30 days for a returned product.