[SOLVED] GPU problem Rtx on Dell T3500?

Jan 16, 2020
Hi, like you can read on the title, I have a dell t3500 workstation, I wanna know if I can put an rtx 2070 I change the psu to 1000w but I don't know if that is sufficient. The rtx don't delivery to my home. Thanks

××××ADDED_×××××_×

does not turn on only the power LED (8 pins and 6 pins) flashes but the fan does not work and only keeping the light flashing and rgb on.
before that, the graphics card did not turn on at all, I realized that the heatsink was short with the power pins, moved the heatsink trying to eliminate the short, and turned on but does not give video. Only the power LEDs flash.

I already asked for the return, but I want to know if it is the wrong card or the PSU, or it is definitely the workstation.

Reactions: stonecarver
Solution
Jan 16, 2020
o_O If the heasink made contact with power the GPU could be dead.
That's too close for comfort. It could make contact again at any time.
Return that GPU A.S.A.P.!
That was a manufacturing mistake.
What's GPU the brand?

I bought this gpu from newegg on Ebay, this is refurbished, I can return, but I wanna know if my computer is capable with this GPU and newegg send me a new GPU, if this isn't, I can ask for my money back.

PD. The graphics card is a RTX 2070 windforce 3 fans Gigabyte).

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020
Holy hell batman not what I was expecting.

So with a volt meter set to OHMS are you getting readings from the 12 volt legs to the GPU cooler. Plastic card remover of course.

I'm put the volt meter on continue scale, and don't beep the 12v pins with GND, and that's is good, but I think that some component is broke, I have the chance to return and send me a new card or cash back me. But I need know if my computer is capable with this GPU (RTX 2070 Windforce 3 fans Gigabyte).

I bought this gpu from newegg on Ebay, this is refurbished, I can return, but I wanna know if my computer is capable with this GPU and newegg send me a new GPU, if this isn't, I can ask for my money back.

PD. The graphics card is a RTX 2070 windforce 3 fans Gigabyte).
A little over 2 years, I install a GeForce GTX 780 Ti and a Corsair CXM 650 PSU on the T3500 and still running just fine.
So, I think it is capable of handling that RTX 2070 which has similar power requirements.