GPU problem (?) Wont display when installed.

Xanikac

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Sup everyone. I was playing some war thunder earlier when my commuter suddenly froze( The moment it froze the whole screen turned brown) so the only thing i could do was to hard restart. I started my computer again, everything was running smooth and decided to go back to war thunder when it froze again while playing it. I started to believe that the issue was the game so i googled some solutions on why it freezes on war thunder and then it froze again without playing games. I Hard restarted it again and then it wouldn't boot. Everything was running inside (leds fans etc) but nothing would display on my screen. After hours of trying to fix it i found out that the only way for my computer to start is to connect my monitor to the mobo instead of my gpu. (PC still wont launch if the pins are connected to my gpu and the VGA connected to my mobo, in order for it to start i must completely remove the gpu, dunno why, also the gpu is still working but it just wont display. fans work leds work etc.) Any thoughts on whats is going on ?

Specs :
GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Dual-X with Boost
CPU: Intel core 3570k
Mobo : Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
PSU : xfx 650 watt

Thanks in advance!

Xanikac

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013

Is there a chance that the psu is the problem? Maybe not providing enough power or smthing.

Not likely, XFX is a good brand, but there is always a chance. First make sure the card is good or bad by testing it in another system.

TRENDING THREADS