Question GPU Problem?

Feb 16, 2019
So the other day one of my monitors went out and I switched from a 24in computer monitor to my 42 in tv monitor. The display was noticeably different and displayed in a smaller resolution.

I decided to go back to my old monitor and when I did everything just kinda went haywire. The gpu started acting like it was uninstalled and the computer would recognize it in device manager but it wont install the updates to the graphics driver.

So in desperation I figured maybe something got corrupted so I did a clean install figuring it would solve the problem to my gpu. After I did the fresh install I reinstalled all my motherboard drivers etc.. then went to install the update for my graphics driver. For some reason it doesnt want to take the update for the driver.

I've taken it out of the various pcie slots and tried to see if maybe the slot was bad but it recognizes it but wont install the updates. After exhausting everything I can think I dont know what else I could be doing wrong. Can anyone help?

The graphics card is a Evga gtx 770

Feb 16, 2019
Any help would be greatly appreciated since I've pretty much already exhausted every avenue I can think of. I've tried running DDU in safe mode to do a clean install and it still wont take the update.

TRENDING THREADS