[SOLVED] GPU Problem????

bill18163

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 laptop running Win 10. Sometimes when I start it up there will be vertical lines covering the screen and I have to stop the booting process buy shutting down and restarting to get a good boot. This usually works but sometimes I have to do it more than once. One of the things I have noticed is that if I go into Device Manager and look under "video" there are two GPU's. One is a NVidia GeForce GTX1050 Ti with Q Design/PCIe/SSE2 and the other is Intel UHD Graphics 630. First question is why are there two GPU's? Second thing is that there is a very faint yellow mark protruding below the icon on both of these GPU's in Device Manager. You can barely see the yellow as it hangs below the icons. Could these yellow faint marks be the indicator that appears when something is wrong with the device? They are so small and faint. I looked in "Properties" and it says that the device is working properly.

Solution
A laptop will sometimes have two graphics adapters.
The 630 is a low power adapter used when on battery power to extend run time.
The second GTX1050ti is for fast action gaming when plugged in.
The yellow mark is an indication that the device driver needs updating.
A laptop will sometimes have two graphics adapters.
The 630 is a low power adapter used when on battery power to extend run time.
The second GTX1050ti is for fast action gaming when plugged in.
The yellow mark is an indication that the device driver needs updating.

Solution

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
As already mentioned, the yellow indicators mean that the GPU drivers are corrupted and/or need to be updated

Potential problems to look into:

A) Either 1 or both of your GPU's are failing, which you should be able to determine by switching between the 2 and booting up the machine to see which one is acting up...

B) The cable that connects the screen to the mobo is either loose or broken..

C) Your screen is failing..