GPU problems BIOS

Govind75

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
I'm trying to disable the integrated graphics in my Intel g4400 so I can add my 750 ti I'm using an msi z170 a mobo. I can't find the setting in the bios help.

Solution

What does not show the video card is installed? Did you hook up the power lead to the card if it needs it? Start at the beginning, what are you doing and what is happening exactly? You plug in the new card, plug in the video cable to the card, turn on the system and what happens?

Govind75

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

Well it doesn't show that the GPU is noticed...

What does not show the video card is installed? Did you hook up the power lead to the card if it needs it? Start at the beginning, what are you doing and what is happening exactly? You plug in the new card, plug in the video cable to the card, turn on the system and what happens?

Solution

Govind75

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

OK so to get my system to display I have to remove the gpu, but if I put it in the mobo slot it wont turn on, how do I enable the gpu to be the core graphics unit.

It should do it automatically if things are working properly. What is the brand/model of power supply that you have, and does the 750 Ti you got need a power plug, is that plug connected? Did you do a BIOS update before installing the card or when troubleshooting?

Govind75

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

I use a corsair cx430. The 750 ti says it does not need any external power, it runs fine but I have to remove it to get graphics. The cpu already supplies internal graphics so I need to disable that...

You should not need to disable the onboard graphics, when you add in the add-on video card, the motherboard should automatically switch to that. Read this https://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/support/techfaqdetail.aspx?formid=3136

How do you know the video card runs fine if you don't get any video output from it? Did you test it in another system? Did you try a BIOS update on your motherboard?

CX is one of the worst power supply lines from Corsair, test the card in another system, if it works there, try yours with another power supply. Almost every single post where there is an issue with a video card not running has a CX power supply. It may not be the issue for you, but you need to check that as one of the first things.

Govind75

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

nvm figured it out

TRENDING THREADS