GPU Problems with RX580 Strix OC 8GB?!

boris.klentix

Reputable
Oct 30, 2018
Hello, I'm Boris from Germany,
I have a question about my decent build:

I have no problems with my CPU by far (highest CineBench Score 1493),
but I've experienced some difficulties with my GPU...

When I play PUBG (it's installed on a SSD) I "only" get 90-110 FPS ingame on all settings on very low except Anti-Aliasing on medium.
But when I watch benchmarks with the exact same GPU people get much higher results on Ultra settings as I do.
I even have enabled PerformanceMonitoring in the RadeonWattman settings to see if everything is on full load while I'm playing and it is (thats what the program says).
I get Results as GPU SCLK: 1411Mhz,GPU MCLK: 2000Mhz and GPU PWR: 170W
I really do not know what it causes and why it is happening :/

My build:
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X
GPU: ASUS Strix RX580 OC 8GB
RAM: 1x8GB 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX from an 2x8GB kit (bought only one cuz im broke)
PSU: Enermax RevoBron 700W ATX24

Hopefully someone can help me! :D
Greetings, Boris ;)

Solution
youtube, the RX 580 might be capable of more FPS. YES that may be tru according to somebody's benchmark. That doesnt mean that every system with a RX 580 will be able to achieve that. you need to have optimum hardware and who knows which benchmarks are correct. you have one issue that I see that is causing you performance issues and that is the single stick of RAM, you are in single channel get the other 8gb stick and it will make a big difference
Since you are from Germany i think i can talk German :D

Hast du deine Treiber aktualisiert? (GPU und ggf. auch Windows)
Ich würde dir sonst raten, dass du mal einen GPU Benchmark wie Firestrike oder Superposition Benchmark machst um heraus zu finden, ob es nur in diesem Game so Probleme gibt oder deine GPU generell nicht so viel Leistung bringt wie sie eigentlich sollte.

Ich hab PUBG lange nicht mehr verfolgt, weiß also nur, dass es damals wohl sehr viele Probleme mit Performance gab und das nur mager bearbeitet wurde von den Entwicklern.

boris.klentix

Reputable
Oct 30, 2018

Ok gut,nein das PUBG war nur ein beispiel habe es auch bei sehr viel anderen Spielen auch. ;)
Ich habe auch die neusten Treiber (Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1) und bin auch up to date bei den Windows updates. Ich habe ein Benchmark mal gemacht (Superposition) im Anhang sieht man die Ergebnisse. (https://imgur.com/a/HPcoltS)
Danke nochmnals :):)

I have made an Benchmark (Superposition) and you can see my results on the picture.
I am also Up to Date on the Windows Updates aswell on the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1.
Thank to everyone wich helps:)
Benchmark Results: https://imgur.com/a/HPcoltS

boris.klentix

Reputable
Oct 30, 2018

Also I often have random crashes and after restarting I get a message "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure"

I do not know why it happens. :/

Please Help :)

youtube, the RX 580 might be capable of more FPS. YES that may be tru according to somebody's benchmark. That doesnt mean that every system with a RX 580 will be able to achieve that. you need to have optimum hardware and who knows which benchmarks are correct. you have one issue that I see that is causing you performance issues and that is the single stick of RAM, you are in single channel get the other 8gb stick and it will make a big difference

Solution

boris.klentix

Reputable
Oct 30, 2018

Allright then,thank you very much!:)