Dec 25, 2019
This problem has really stumped me and my friend. I bought a new gtx 1060 and a riser cable. My old graphics card worked all well and good and then i put in the riser cable and the 1060 and thats where the problems started. We kept troubleshooting until we found it had too little power and then we went and got a new power supply but it didnt fix any issues. Now when i put in the new card and my old one i instantly get no signal. Everything runs perfectly well everything powers up including the cards but i dont get signal. The only thing i cant think of is its something with the motherboard but when I use integrated graphics everything runs smooth. I have no clue what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

Processor: i5-3550 @ 3.30 GHz
GPU: Gtx 1060 / Gt 630
RAM: 8.00
CPU:

Last edited:

WildCard999

Titan
Edited it
Remove the GT 630 from the system and use the 1060 alone as the GT 630 is probably hindering performance (older tech, PCIE bandwidth?/x4 instead of x8/x16). Also do a clean install of the newest drivers for the 1060. Make sure the monitor(s) are connected to the 1060. If your using some sort of VGA adapter then it needs to be an active adapter or you won't get a display.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019
Remove the GT 630 from the system and use the 1060 alone as the GT 630 is probably hindering performance (older tech, PCI bandwidth?/x4 instead of x8/x16). Also do a clean install of the newest drivers for the 1060. Make sure the monitor(s) are connected to the 1060. If your using some sort of VGA adapter then it needs to be an active adapter or you won't get a display.
Im installing the driver for my 1060 using my integrated cause i cant get picture when the 1060 is plugged in. The drivers taking a long time to install, is this normal?

WildCard999

Titan
Im installing the driver for my 1060 using my integrated cause i cant get picture when the 1060 is plugged in. The drivers taking a long time to install, is this normal?
What cable are you using for the monitor?

Driver installation can take a little bit depending on what your downloading for the GPU (drivers'/extra software/etc) and internet speed.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019
What cable are you using for the monitor?

Driver installation can take a little bit depending on what your downloading for the GPU (drivers'/extra software/etc) and internet speed.
So i installed the drivers and it didn't change anything. Whenever i plug a gpu in it instantly doesnt give signal. everything runs but i get no signal. Which would make me think its a motherboard issue but i can use integrated graphics so i dont know

WildCard999

Titan
So i installed the drivers and it didn't change anything. Whenever i plug a gpu in it instantly doesnt give signal. everything runs but i get no signal. Which would make me think its a motherboard issue but i can use integrated graphics so i dont know
Do you plug the monitor into the 1060? If so then what connection? (HDMI/VGA/DVI/etc)

What PSU do you have?

Is the PSU connected to the 1060?

TRENDING THREADS