GPU/PSU big problem

zece

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
I had had this problem for weeks but it got worst in the last few days. It happens rqndomly. Sometimes I can play games for hours without nothing happening and sometimes it crashes just while browsing. The screen goes black(no signal), the music keeps playing for maybe 5-10 seconds and the fans start going crazy(my computer is always a bit loud). Then the sound freezes and I have a reboot. I have an i5-2500k, gtx 670and a Cheiftec 500w psu. The motherboard is a gigabyt p67-ds3-b3

Solution
I don't trust that PSU you're using man. I think that's what's causing your problem. It could be giving your components bad voltage.

ZeusGamer

Admirable
That's on the warm side, yes. But that could also mean that your ambient temperatures are high, giving your GPU higher idle temps. But in theory, that's fine. As long as your GPU don't exceed like 75C while doing some light duty.

zece

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

So it's a bigger possibilty that the PSU is the problem ?

ZeusGamer

Admirable
I've been researching about this PSU of yours since I saw your thread, basically a lot of people reported that this is a generic PSU and it is not to be trusted, so to answer your question, yes, this is a PSU problem.

zece

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
The GPU also makes a strange noise, can't describe it. It's like a whiz or a buzz. Is there any test I could make to see if it's got bads ?