[SOLVED] GPU/PSU comp

Feb 14, 2019
Hello, i have a ryzen 5 2600 paired with a seasonic prime ultra gold 650W psu. Can i put a vega 56 pulse in there or am i going to have power problems?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
It should work fine. You can use PSU calculators for this. It says your build should use between 400W and 450W. Cooler Master advises a 650W PSU, while be quiet! advises 450W. Just stick with your current PSU unless you're going to overclock both your CPU and GPU.
It should work fine. You can use PSU calculators for this. It says your build should use between 400W and 450W. Cooler Master advises a 650W PSU, while be quiet! advises 450W. Just stick with your current PSU unless you're going to overclock both your CPU and GPU.

Solution
^This. You're probably in the neighborhood of 400W system power draw if nothing is OC'd.

You can also save quite a bit of power by manually undervolting your Vega56 (using AMD WattMan) without losing any performance or by selecting "Balanced" or "Power Saver" mode if you prefer to let Auto handle things (which will incur some performance reduction)