Question GPU, PSU or Mother issue?

Jun 20, 2019
Hello, first time here, and sorry in advance for the english.

I had a problem with my PC a couple of days ago that ends with my GPU dead, BUT It also happened some wierd things and now idk if it's only the GPU that is dead or maybe some other parts had been affected, so here is what happened:

• I woke up in the morning, I turn on the PC (it was suspended in the night) and everything OK.
  • After a couple of minutes, suddenly green pixels started to fill all the screen, so I rebooted it
  • Obviously it has no image, so I changed the HDMI port to the onboard graphics, It worked well but the monitor image blinked a lot, so I rebooted again.
  • It turned on ok but it had some red pixels on the screen (connected to the onboard graphics), again... rebooted
  • And booted normally.
The wierd things is that the onboard graphics somehow it looked that was affected ??
And the other wierd thing is that I tried 2 GPU that are working well in other PCs and both of them doesn't show me the BIOS menu (this worked with my GPU):

-If I enter to the bios by the onboard graphics and no GPU connected everything is ok
-If I try to enter bios with the GPU connected, either the GPU and the onboard has no image.

BUT, with those GPUs if I boot to Windows it works ok, it doesn't show me any image until the Login screen.

Anyone knows what could have happened?

I just bought another GPU and I'm afraid that the same thing might happen to her because other parts are still affected.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Desktop PC Specs:

-Core I5 7400 3.00 Ghz
-MSI Z170A Gaming M3
-16 Gb RAM ( 2 modules Hyper X 2133 Mhz)
-Radeon RX 470 Gaming X 4G (dead)
- PSU: EVGA 600 W1, 80+ WHITE (220v)
-1 SSD (A400 SA-400S37/240G), 1 HDD (Firecuda ST1000DX002 / 1Tb)
-Windows 10 v.1803
-Monitor LG 27´´ (Lg 27mp59g /75Hz)

(Nothing was overclocked)

Last edited:
First off, kindly provide PC specs.

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

Jun 20, 2019
First off, kindly provide PC specs.

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

I Just edited the post with the PC Specs, I hope It's enough I'm at work right now sorry and thanks again!