[SOLVED] Gpu question

silenthunt316

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
quick question, I’m a streamer on twitch, I have a RTX 2070 8gb. If just playing warzone it shows 80+% of usage. Is that a normal range. Bc I also need to stream live. Is this gpu good for that. Or my gpu isn’t working how it’s supposed to?

I just RMA’ed it to msi. I just got it. I don’t want to over heat or make peak at 100% and stay there. If your wondering. I have an I9 9900k.

Any help will be appreciated

Solution
Why would you RMA it? 80% usage is perfectly fine, nothing is wrong with it. As a matter of fact, 100% usage is just fine, it means your GPU is performing at its best and none of your other components are bottlenecking it.

I have 2 GPUs in my tower right now doing folding@home in order to look for a vaccine for COVID-19. One is at 94% usage, the other at 96%. Both have been like this 24/7 since March. They have given me no trouble the entire time.
Why would you RMA it? 80% usage is perfectly fine, nothing is wrong with it. As a matter of fact, 100% usage is just fine, it means your GPU is performing at its best and none of your other components are bottlenecking it.

I have 2 GPUs in my tower right now doing folding@home in order to look for a vaccine for COVID-19. One is at 94% usage, the other at 96%. Both have been like this 24/7 since March. They have given me no trouble the entire time.

Solution

johnsoner13

Respectable
quick question, I’m a streamer on twitch, I have a RTX 2070 8gb. If just playing warzone it shows 80+% of usage. Is that a normal range. Bc I also need to stream live. Is this gpu good for that. Or my gpu isn’t working how it’s supposed to?

I just RMA’ed it to msi. I just got it. I don’t want to over heat or make peak at 100% and stay there. If your wondering. I have an I9 9900k.

Any help will be appreciated
If you dont want high usage, just get a crap CPU next time and let it chug along while your GPU goes for a leisure walk :)
High GPU usage is fine