[SOLVED] GPU Question

Dec 31, 2020
L&G,

I'm a little confused at some of the models Manufacturers are using with regard to their cards. As an example you'll see a gtx 1660 TI card but there are two versions - a two fan version and a shorter single fan version. They share the exact same name and description. I can't believe that they are equal.

I'm sure the actual manufacturer part numbers are different but what's the deal with these mini versions?

Thanks,

Fred

Solution
The shorter versions are revised versions of a GPU, with probable, improvements in power delivery and as such the shorter cards are ideal for cases that have limited spaces, for HTYPC's and SFF builds. You should look at the SKU's instead of just relying on the models since the same issue was prevalent with Sapphire's GPU's, often leading to confusion among buyers and resellers(not sellers).

Lutfij

Titan
The shorter versions are revised versions of a GPU, with probable, improvements in power delivery and as such the shorter cards are ideal for cases that have limited spaces, for HTYPC's and SFF builds. You should look at the SKU's instead of just relying on the models since the same issue was prevalent with Sapphire's GPU's, often leading to confusion among buyers and resellers(not sellers).

Solution