[SOLVED] Gpu questions

silenthunt316

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
Good evening everyone, I recently bout a prebuilt rig that came with an i9 9900k and a MSI Ventus 3070 TRIO OC. The cpu is liquid cooled. First question I want to ask is that my gpu temp goes up to 65C is that high? I’m a noob when it comes to temps lol.

second, I did a dual pc set up for streaming (twitch streamer) and I did a test stream I noticed that my streaming pc was hitting 90%+ in usage, even tho it’s not running any games. Yet my gpu temp was below 50, any idea why it’s so high.
The streaming rig is a 9900k and 2070
any help would be great.

Solution
Those are 2 very high end pc's there bud.

A general rule of thumb for temps is: 90+ bad 80~ ok 75 or lower good. Obviously this depends on the exact chip, and in what condition, but it's generally the temps you want while stressing the machine, Both for gpu and cpu.
Nvidia locks their cpus to 82 degress unless manually changed, and intel cpus have a max Tjunction of 105C, though they will throttle at around 95 so they don't die.
Newer AMD chips are similar, but closer to around 90C before they throttle, while older AMD chips, like FX-8350 are like ???????? if you go above 70 or so.

65C is very normal.
As for streaming pc, usage is not 100% indicative of what it's doing.
Both prime95 and furmark might make the cpu 100% use, but prime95...
Those are 2 very high end pc's there bud.

A general rule of thumb for temps is: 90+ bad 80~ ok 75 or lower good. Obviously this depends on the exact chip, and in what condition, but it's generally the temps you want while stressing the machine, Both for gpu and cpu.
Nvidia locks their cpus to 82 degress unless manually changed, and intel cpus have a max Tjunction of 105C, though they will throttle at around 95 so they don't die.
Newer AMD chips are similar, but closer to around 90C before they throttle, while older AMD chips, like FX-8350 are like ???????? if you go above 70 or so.

65C is very normal.
As for streaming pc, usage is not 100% indicative of what it's doing.
Both prime95 and furmark might make the cpu 100% use, but prime95 is a power virus that would make it much hotter and make it release more heat, even though both are 100% usage.
Are you using NVENC? Nvidia's very good hardware encoder?

Solution