Question gpu quiet then loud then quiet.

natedog1636

Honorable
BANNED
Aug 9, 2018
So I have a GT 1030 and at the moment when I start up my pc it is extremely loud! but then once I log in and wait a minute it goes away, and then after about 5 minutes it starts again for about 2 minutes then repeats! it is getting very annoying. I have had it for a year now and it did it to me one other time but it went away after a few days and its back again. any ideas on why it's doing that?

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
So I have a GT 1030 and at the moment when I start up my pc it is extremely loud! but then once I log in and wait a minute it goes away, and then after about 5 minutes it starts again for about 2 minutes then repeats! it is getting very annoying. I have had it for a year now and it did it to me one other time but it went away after a few days and its back again. any ideas on why it's doing that?
This might be a bit late but it might be possible that you have a program like msi afterburner that is messing with the fan curve, you might check on that

shiriken

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018
Sometimes the fans will spin up full on boot then settle. Then when GPU thermals rise fans should kick in. Check the GPU temps at idle and under load. You may have a bad fan controller.

natedog1636

Honorable
BANNED
Aug 9, 2018
Sometimes the fans will spin up full on boot then settle. Then when GPU thermals rise fans should kick in. Check the GPU temps at idle and under load. You may have a bad fan controller.
Sry this is a late reply but you take a fan then shove a pencil into it and thats what it sounds like and i found out that there was a cable under the fan that it was hitting