Question GPU/RAM Display Issue

TuckieG

Commendable
Jul 12, 2019
Hey lads/ladets

Here is the issue at hand.
View: https://imgur.com/a/3v3MLrG

I got the monitor checked today with a different system and it was completely fine.

GPU: 3070 Zotac

RAM: 16GB G Skill Trident Z

This issue ONLY appears when plugged into display port. HDMI is completely fine....!? This extremely puzzles me.

And over the course of 30 minutes to an hour the issue slowly fixes itself and goes back to normal..

My first assumption is its a GPU failure? But it only happening with display port, why is this so?

Any thoughts are extremely welcome to help me figure out this issue.

Lutfij

Titan
The issue could very well be faulty drivers or a corruption in the OS or both. Have you tried working with another known working DP cable? As for the drivers, use DDU to rid your platform of any GPU drivers, then manually reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

What is the make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard?

TuckieG

Commendable
Jul 12, 2019
The issue could very well be faulty drivers or a corruption in the OS or both. Have you tried working with another known working DP cable? As for the drivers, use DDU to rid your platform of any GPU drivers, then manually reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

What is the make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard?

Hi there,

Yes I have. I bought a new one yesterday and tested it out on all 3 display port imputs and no change.

I have done a full DDU wipe of the drivers and reinstalled them and the issue occurs.

Motherboard is: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard
And the BIOs Version is F14

Hey lads/ladets

Here is the issue at hand.
View: https://imgur.com/a/3v3MLrG

I got the monitor checked today with a different system and it was completely fine.

GPU: 3070 Zotac

RAM: 16GB G Skill Trident Z

This issue ONLY appears when plugged into display port. HDMI is completely fine....!? This extremely puzzles me.

And over the course of 30 minutes to an hour the issue slowly fixes itself and goes back to normal..

My first assumption is its a GPU failure? But it only happening with display port, why is this so?

Any thoughts are extremely welcome to help me figure out this issue.

A slightly off connector can cause this, especially with the fact after a bit of time it gets fixed. As the card and PC heat up, the materials move/expand, connection connects better, signal gets fixed.