Question GPU - Random glitches in games

Dec 1, 2022
Hello.
I have a problem with my GPU when I play and I was wondering if someone can help me find the problem and if there is something I can try other than buying a new product.
I have 2-3 years old GPU - ROG-STRIX-RTX 2080S and few days ago I started noticing very strange and random glitches on random places. When I say random glitch I say that, because sometimes the textures looks okay and some time later the same wall now can have strange glitches.

I was watching my temperature and during gaming it was usually around 77 °C .
I read recently there is a thing called Hot Spot... which was around 104 to 105 °C when I played.

I never experienced this problem before and my computer is still on the same place, nothing dropped on the computer, nothing bad could happen physically to the card, so it "should" be fine.

This glitches happened to me when I played new horror game Scorn or new expansion to World of Warcraft, Dragonflight.

My othe specifics:
System: 64 bit
Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU
RAM: 32 GB

Some screenshots from the game:
https://ibb.co/kx5QZBz

Does this only happen after the card gets hot? If so, try using a new fan curve if you have an app to control the fans. If not you can use MSI Afterburner and create a new fan curve to use a more aggressive fan speed to cool the card. Your other option would be to open up the card and repaste the gpu and check on the condition of the cooling pads on the memory.

Dec 1, 2022
Does this only happen after the card gets hot? If so, try using a new fan curve if you have an app to control the fans. If not you can use MSI Afterburner and create a new fan curve to use a more aggressive fan speed to cool the card. Your other option would be to open up the card and repaste the gpu and check on the condition of the cooling pads on the memory.

As I said, my biggest GPU temperature was around 77 °C when I played that game.
Anyway thanks for the advice I will try to monitor speed of my fans and try to increase it and we will see...

As I said, my biggest GPU temperature was around 77 °C when I played that game.
Anyway thanks for the advice I will try to monitor speed of my fans and try to increase it and we will see...
I understand. I was just wondering if this happens no matter if the card is just turned on and used or after a while of playing when the card reaches its top temps. Another troubleshooting can be to uninstall the gpu drivers, see DDU uninstaller on my page, and then install/reinstall the most current gpu driver.

Dec 1, 2022
I understand. I was just wondering if this happens no matter if the card is just turned on and used or after a while of playing when the card reaches its top temps. Another troubleshooting can be to uninstall the gpu drivers, see DDU uninstaller on my page, and then install/reinstall the most current gpu driver.

I just got home from work started Wow and got glitches after 5 minutes of playing.
GPU temp was 70, memory 75 and hot spot 90 °C .

Yeah I will try reinstall drivers. Thank you for now.

Dec 1, 2022

I tried uninstall all drivers with DDU in safe mode, then install the just the last gpu driver. It did not helped... :(

Dec 1, 2022
These random glitch behaviors are very strange.
Sometimes it happens after 5 minutes of playing sometimes after several hours....
Temperature was same in both cases.
And what is really strange for me is that every time I turn the game off and back on all glitches are gone... it's almost like there is this problem just with this game, but I swear I saw similar glitches on texture on wall when I played scorn...

I tried to google more, but could not find anything useful what I haven't tried yet.

Dec 1, 2022
Have you tried a different video cable? Or say an hdmi cable instead of a dp cable to see if it persists.

I have two monitors. Main (where I am experience this problem) is connected with dp, the second with hdmi.
I can try buy new dp or switch to hdmi and see if that helps. I will inform you if it helped or not. Thank you.

Dec 1, 2022
Have you tried a different video cable? Or say an hdmi cable instead of a dp cable to see if it persists.

So when the glitch occured I tried put it on the second monitor which is connected with hdmi and the problem was still there so I guess this means that cables are probably fine and so are monitors.

So when the glitch occured I tried put it on the second monitor which is connected with hdmi and the problem was still there so I guess this means that cables are probably fine and so are monitors.
Yes you can rule out the cable. You can try using Cpuid HWmonitor and check the voltages to rule out your gpu. (FREE VERSION) HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID See if your psu is keeping up with the demands. Another thing you could try, is to install Msi Afterburner and experiment with under cloking the gpu a little bit to see if anything changes. That way you can tell if the card is not getting enough power, or the card itself has a problem. Afterburner (msi.com)

Dec 1, 2022
I guess this could be marked as solved for now, because my friend starter experiencing the same problem in the same game, so I believe my gpu is pretty much fine. Thank you for all help Fix_that_Glitch.