Question Gpu randomly stops displaying but can still hear videos

Aug 9, 2020
So basically I will be using my pc and watching YouTube videos with only chrome and discord opened in the background. Randomly, my monitor will stop being displayed and will say “no signal” and I can still hear my video and friends in discord call. The only way to “fix” this, is if I wait like 2 hours then turn my pc back on. But it keeps happening even when not in games.

I feel like it could be a psu issue but I’m at a loss here. I’m at the latest GeForce version and windows version. There isn’t any temp issues because I only will have chrome opened.

Also when it stops displaying the lights on the gpu are still on if that could mean anything. It just stops displaying to the monitor. I have also tried 3 different monitors but they don’t get displayed to either. Ive also taken my gpu out and dusted it off, made sure it was completely clean and put it in again. The lights still turn on. I don’t currently have another gpu to test if mine is faulty but I don’t see how mine could be faulty because I’ve had it for the good part of 7 months with no issues previously.

system specs:
I7 8700k 3.70 GHz
GTX 1080 Asus rog Strix oc
Cooler- evga Clc 280
Psu- evga supernova G3 550
Mobo - asus z390-E strix gaming
Case - nzxt h500
ram- Corsair 8x2 16 Gb

Posting this from my phone, sorry if this is hard to read