[SOLVED] GPU REACHES 88°C !!!

jaybarillo

Honorable
Feb 11, 2019
Good day everyone, as the title says my RX 570 temperature reaches 88℃ and forces my games to shutdown.

It is overclocked at 1386mhz core clock at 1130mv with an aggressive fan curve. I can normally play in the evening when it is quite colder but can't during afternoon when the ambient temp. reaches +32℃.
I've got 6 fans in the case already and removed the side panel but doesn't really affect the temperature that much.

So what I'm asking is what can I do to reduce the gpu temperature so I can play during afternoon? Rather than the obvious undervolting and playing only at night.

Specs:
i7 3770
rx 570 4gb ( newly cleaned and repasted with thermal grizzly kryonaut )
16gb ddr3
deepcool macube 110 ( I removed the side and front panel for maximum airflow )
6 darkflash c6ms

View: https://imgur.com/shP6Icb

Solution
It is overclocked at 1386mhz core clock at

If you've done everything you can to reduce temperatures (thermal paste, fan speed, airflow) and you're still hitting that temperature, I'm pretty sure that's a sign that you shouldn't be overclocking your GPU anymore. Reduce your clocks back to factory settings and it'll run cooler.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah, undoing the overclock is an obvious place to start. There are only so many ways to lower that temperature; you either remove the heat more efficiently, create less heat, or be in a cooler environment. You've done most of the things you can do to remove the heat. A 32-degree ambient provides less headroom. It's just simple math; a 56-degree delta for you gets you to 88 degrees while for me, whose office is always freezing in the summer due to the a/c running so much would only get my GPU to 72.

Reactions: kurdtnz