George Nikoff

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2015
As the title suggests, the gtx 1050 2gb Asus GPU, randomly restarts my PC. At first i thought it is the gpu itself since i bought it from an online seller, but lately i realized it could be that the motherboard is simply not compatible with this card. The mobo is Medion MS-7797 and i tried a newer BIOS update, but seems to not fix the issue. I tried testing the gpu on another computer, unfortunately it was with windows 7 and couldn't really install the Nvidia drivers, due to some weird windows updates, however the gpu didn't restart the computer. My take is that the previous mobo Medion Ms 7797 is just old and doesn't support this card. I'll try once again to put the card into another machine and see how it performs there, so that i can definitely rule out the possibility that something is wrong with the card. What do you think is wrong with the mentioned motherboard to not be able to support a gtx 1050?

Spec update

I3 3220
Medion Ms-7797
2x4 ddr3 1600mhz
PSU 400w (old, do not know the make, but the condition is quite good. It's quiet.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the PSU and it's age? Processor used on that motherboard? If you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, have ample power from your PSU and you don't have thermal issues(proper airflow in chassis) then the GPU should be working. Did you use DDU to remove your prior GPU's drivers before you dropped the GTX1050 in there?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that were captured just before or at the time of the restarts.

Try Reliability History first. More more user friendly and the time line format can reveal when a problem or problems began.

Could be that the current PSU is no longer able to support the PC''s and/or GPU's power demands.

George Nikoff

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2015
Make and model of the PSU and it's age? Processor used on that motherboard? If you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, have ample power from your PSU and you don't have thermal issues(proper airflow in chassis) then the GPU should be working. Did you use DDU to remove your prior GPU's drivers before you dropped the GTX1050 in there?

I edited the post with the full specs of the pc, check there. I used DDU to remove the previous card, which was an AMD.

George Nikoff

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2015
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that were captured just before or at the time of the restarts.

Try Reliability History first. More more user friendly and the time line format can reveal when a problem or problems began.

Could be that the current PSU is no longer able to support the PC''s and/or GPU's power demands.

I'll make sure i check the Reliability History when i put my hands on the computer again, cant do it as of writing. Though i tried a program called WhoCrash, and there was an erorr nvlddmkm.sys that showed upon analysis.