[SOLVED] GPU RMA

FxPhysx

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
Hi good day..

Just looking for opinions and whether I was offered the short end of the stick..
Hopefully this is in the right section. So I sent in my Gtx 1070 for RMA a while ago and since my local supplier didn't have any stock they offered to replace it with a 6gb Rtx 2060. Now I was under the impression if there's no replacement stock on the old unit a replacement card from the next generation of the same tier should be swapped in? They then offered me credit to the value of the Rtx 2060 which is pointless cause the same tier card it should have been replaced with is at least 30% more expensive. As far as I know the reseller will get his full credit back or that replacement card from their suppliers which should've gone to me. So basically they profit from the sale of the first card and then profit again from the RMA.
Any input would be appreciated...

Solution
You bought a 1070
It died
They gave you a 2060

The replacement is better performing than your original.
I'm not seeing a problem.

FxPhysx

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013

Yes I'm aware of the performance differences but as stated maybe my question is, is this fair for them to pocket what should've been coming my way?
As far as I know the reseller will get his full credit back or that replacement card from their suppliers which should've gone to me.