Question Gpu running hot out of the box, i need a good thermal paste or thermal pad

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Is the Grizzly Carbonaut thermal pad any good? My gigabyte 1650 super oc single fan gpu is running hot and the fan is realy loud at full speed. I used industrial heatsink compound to reseat the heat pipes and now its running hotter. Can you point me in the right directions

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
I downloaded the latest driver and aures software for the gpu from gigabyte. Will install and reset curve and test. Will get new paste during the week and reseat heatpipes and run a stress test again. Will report back when all is done

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Right, many issues with my build. Apparently my chassis has a bad airflow record. Masterbox q300l. And then, i checked my gpu. Boost clock is 1740 mhz but upon testing and monitoring said gpu, it is boosting itself to 1980mhz when gaming. Looks like im stuck with the loud fan. With Aurus software from gigabyte, i can unlock the voltage limit. If i bring down the voltage, it wont boost that high and drop the temp. Just a thought. Any suggestions is welcome