Question GPU running red hot on start up and there's no display ?

Mar 5, 2023
Hi!

Last night I was playing a game and as soon as I pressed a key on my keyboard both of my monitors black screened and my 3080 TI fans nearly took off.

I had to force a shut down! I then restarted my PC and my motherboard Q-LED for VGA is lit... and the GPU gets red hot instantly! I got my bros 1060 and I got back onto my system and I did a quick clean using Glary Utilities.

After about a couple mins my bros 1060 fans also ramped up to 100% and I lost my display again! My CPU doesn't have integrated graphics either.

MOBO ASUS PRIME X570
CPU: 5900X AMD
GPU: GIGABYTE 3080 Ti
PSU 850W
RAM 2 x 16GB TRIDENT Z ROYAL

Also my USB slots don't seem to work either sometimes! I was only playing LoL so I would expect my GPU would have been sitting at around 50-60°C

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU 850W
850W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? You might want to think about a 1000W PSU that's reliably built in order to power your entire build with an RTX3080Ti.

Mar 5, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU 850W
850W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? You might want to think about a 1000W PSU that's reliably built in order to power your entire build with an RTX3080Ti.

Thank you for the reply!

It is a Corsair RM850 80 plus gold. It is 2 years old! My concern was that even though my bros card gave me a display and I was able to operate the machine... it didn't take long for that GPU to go max fan speed and my monitors going dark. Thankfully when I put it back in my bros rig it all fired up where as mine it won't on both cards

Really concerned about the temps when I put my 3080 back in as it just sky rockets but the fans maintain the idle speed and I still have no display! The VGA light Still on but the GPU is absolutely cooking within seconds as soon as the rig is powered.