[SOLVED] GPU Running Temperature

Feb 23, 2020
Hi folks,

I'm very new to the world of pc building and recently put together my first one. I'm able to run the games I play at max settings, however I am concerned about the gpu temperature and how that might affect its longevity. It hovers around 70 C, despite upgrading the fans in my case and adding an expansion slot set of 3 fans that blow directly onto the gpu. I have the gpu horizontally mounted and have done everything I can think of to maximize air flow, however the case doesn't seem to be well designed for air flow and only has two spots for fans on the top, since the CPU cooler blocks the fan slots on the front of the case. I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference, but when I upgraded the fans (to cooler master MF200R 120mm) it switched from blowing air inwards to being exhaust fans. No noticeable difference in gpu temperature.

Any issues running the gpu at 70 C for hours at a time, every time I run games on it?

For reference, here's my build:

Case: NZXT H510i mid tower
I9-9900k cpu
Rog strix 2080ti gpu
Kraken x62 cpu cooler
Rog maximus xi mobo

Solution
however the case doesn't seem to be well designed for air flow
You are correct. Thermal performance was not the focus of this case - it was looks.
While the case does have a side intake, it is fairly weak.
There is a slight exception via NZXT's H700 series, which is more of a brute force solution; it just adds more fans to overcome the case's restrictive design.

I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference, but when I upgraded the fans (to cooler master MF200R 120mm) it switched from blowing air inwards to being exhaust fans. No noticeable difference in gpu temperature.
That forces the gpu to draw air only from the rear of the case.

As already said, 70C is far from bad.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
however the case doesn't seem to be well designed for air flow
You are correct. Thermal performance was not the focus of this case - it was looks.
While the case does have a side intake, it is fairly weak.
There is a slight exception via NZXT's H700 series, which is more of a brute force solution; it just adds more fans to overcome the case's restrictive design.

I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference, but when I upgraded the fans (to cooler master MF200R 120mm) it switched from blowing air inwards to being exhaust fans. No noticeable difference in gpu temperature.
That forces the gpu to draw air only from the rear of the case.

As already said, 70C is far from bad.

Solution