[SOLVED] GPU Running Very Hot while playing World of Warcraft Classic?

Jul 16, 2019
Hi all!

I have recently started playing World of Warcraft Classic on my Samsung CHG90 Super Ultrawide 49' monitor with my GTX 1080 FTW Edition and have noticed that my gpu was running at 80-92 degrees celsius on ultra settings. This is by no means a difficult game to run so I am pretty stumped why my gpu would be running so hot. Let me know if there are any settings that I can change to make it run cooler, or if there may be any problems with my gpu. Thanks

System Specs:
i7 6850k
Rampage V Edition 10
Gtx 1080 FTW Edition
16gb TridentZ Ram 2400mhz
RM850 Platinum

Jul 16, 2019
Please try creating a CUSTOM FAN profile via this tool, MSI Afterburner. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

How is the airflow inside your ATX cabinet ? What is the GPU fan speed value on those TEMPs ?

Hi, I have a custom fan tool that works great! I think I solved problem by lowering foreground FPS to 145hz and background FPS to 30fps. Did not realize that background FPS was totally useless for me as I run the game in full screen, it must have been juicing my gpu pretty hard. Now I am on ultra with 144 FPS at 60-70 degrees which is fine for me! Thanks