[SOLVED] GPU Runs but does not pick drivers

Aug 24, 2021
A friend is selling me GTX 760 for very cheap what he has told me the problem is that it gives display and runs fine but does not pick drivers GPU-Z shows 0 Memory and no Bandwidth
what could be the issue sjoudl I buy this as it is like 30 percent of price what is offered in market
Thanks for any replies

Solution
Likely faulty card. Had a similar issue with a GTX770 recently showing no vram and no bandwidth in GPUz. Also windows wouldnt auto install drivers because of code 43 in device manager.

GPUz usually will detect a fake and tell you.
Aug 24, 2021
its not fake , its a gigabyte windforce oc , I have confirmed it online the card looks exact also gpu-z does noy say its fake.. so card is faulty?
should I get it? its not BIOS then? the freind said just flahs the BIOS , I asked him why does not he himslef do it, he said not intrested in gaming anymore ...
could it be that the BIOS chip solders went loose?

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
its not fake , its a gigabyte windforce oc , I have confirmed it online the card looks exact also gpu-z does noy say its fake.. so card is faulty?
should I get it? its not BIOS then? the freind said just flahs the BIOS , I asked him why does not he himslef do it, he said not intrested in gaming anymore ...
could it be that the BIOS chip solders went loose?
If it's really a good friend, he wouldn't lie. Try to make a deal, if you can maje it work you buy it, if not don't buy it.

Reactions: GudServo
Aug 25, 2021
So I've seen a couple of trouble shooting posts on here and some of my friends have encountered the same issue surrounding display driver issues. Nvidia in particular has a bad habit of leaving a lot of trash around and 9/10 a fresh driver install corrects most graphics related issues (that is obviously a huge generalization and shouldn't rule out hardware troubleshooting as well as other software conflicts).

Rapidfs Login

Last edited:
Reactions: GudServo
Aug 24, 2021
If it's really a good friend, he wouldn't lie. Try to make a deal, if you can maje it work you buy it, if not don't buy it.
He already said that if it wokrs its mine if not he will give bak money, the problem is the friend is an online friend although he is from same city as mine but we never met so I dont know if he will hold his word or not

TRENDING THREADS