Question GPU RX480 SAPPHIRE

Sep 24, 2022
Hi guys i've got a problem with my GPU - every time when i try to play a game my pc crashes and the utilization of it is 100% and i really don't know why i'm trying my best to solve it but i can't.
I did the render test and my pc it's just crashes down and i can't do nothing with it.
This is my pc.
AMD Ryzen 3 5300g
AMD RX 480 SAPPHIRE
B450 AORUS M
16GB DDR4
I don't know what to do even if i play minecraft my pc crashes and it says power usage very high and gpu utilization 100%..if someone knows how to fix help me please.

Sep 24, 2022
I had the same problem on my old pc before it was the same problem with the GPU I thought is the PSU I bought a 750w one, and still the same thing, I put thermal paste on the cpu and clean the rams and the whole pc, same problem gpu 100% utilisation and it’s says it using lots of power.

Sep 24, 2022
I had the same problem on my old pc before it was the same problem with the GPU I thought is the PSU I bought a 750w one, and still the same thing, I put thermal paste on the cpu and clean the rams and the whole pc, same problem gpu 100% utilisation and it’s says it using lots of power.
And then when I even want to play Minecraft because I test it in Minecraft too when I go full screen in games it just crashes and the gpu fans are going crazy, I did the stress test as well when it goes full screen it crashes.

Sep 24, 2022
You can remove the heatsink from the GPU (video card) and apply new thermal compound and pads to replace the old material/pads. That might help.
I did that already, but the point is I don’t understand why it’s 100% utilisation and crashes in all the games I try to play and the fans are going crazy.

It may be time to replace the 480. Fortunately there are a lot of cheaper cards on the market now. If you really want to save money you could look at a used card, but I’d recommend stick to eBay if you go that route. If you let us know a budget and where you are located, and your pc specs we may be able to make suggestions.

TRENDING THREADS