GPU safe voltage and temperatures

Jul 25, 2018
Hello ! my sistem has a sapphire rx 580 4gb nitro+ graphics and it is currently overclocked at 1550 mhz base clock and 2000 mhz memory clock, all of this is running at a voltage of around 1.23 volts and temperatures of about 70-75 degrees.
My question is : are this voltage and temperatures fine, or will this reduce the lifespan of my gpu ?

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
Based on the latest BIOS:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/191775/sapphire-rx580-4096-170323

Max temperatures are 85°C. Acceptable by the manufacturer is 75°C. So, your temps are fine but consider installing a fan near it. It might get hotter when the air inside heats up or the room itself becomes hot (summer).

As for voltage, I can't say. Each card works differently. Another RX 580 might work at 1.25v, another on at 1.20v.

Also, usually temperature has more impact on lifespan than voltage. That's why most cases support a fan installation near GPU and laptop coolers exist for laptops.

BTW, make sure your overclock is stable and has no artifacts (weird colors and lines) by testing with games or GPU benchmarks by Unigine. If you start experiencing crashes after OC, underclock a little.