MOBO: AB350m
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.7ghz
GPU: Gigabyte 1050 Ti
core clock: +200
memory clock: +600
fan speed: 80-100%
RAM: 16gb DDR4 2400mhz
PSU: Corsair 550W.
Temps while playing: CPU max 65°C, GPU max 60°C.
GPU drivers: latest, ver 416

]IMPORTANT EDIT: Just tested my PC with prime95. Crashed twice. First crash took a few minutes, second crash (after restarting) happened immediately.

Hello.

Lately I've been running into annoying crashes while playing R6 Siege and Black Ops 4. Out of the 3 more intensive games that I play (Quake Champions being the third one), those 2 are the ones giving me problems. Quake Champions has never crashed my PC so far, but those 2 have in numerous occasions.
This is something that started happening frequently about a month or two ago. It also happened back in January this year, but not nearly as frequent, and I could fix it by setting my fan speed to 100%. This time around, that's not helping.

Basically, after about 30 minutes (sometimes more) in game, my GPU seems to turn off. Screen goes black and the GPU fans go quiet, but all other fans (case and CPU cooler) will continue spinning. While it's been more consistent lately, it's an issue I didn't have everyday before. One thing I noticed is that my PC wouldn't crash on LAN games (R6 Terrorist Hunt solo, for example), but would on online games. I could even avoid crashing by restarting my internet, but that seems to have stopped working as well. Don't think my internet can crash my entire PC anyway.

I've been running FurMark for about 40 minutes in the background without a single crash, and with a 10min session previous to this one, so I don't really know what's going on. So far, it's seems BO4 and R6 Siege are the only apps that have been causing my PC to crash. It's driving me absolutely nuts. I'll also do some testing with Unigine Heaven benchmark to see how that goes.

I know it's not a temp issue. My CPU runs at max 65°C, and my GPU barely ever goes beyond 60°C. In fact, this is the first time I've seen it go way above 60°C. My GPU does seem to reach 99% usage on both games though, but it's not consistent.

I play those 2 games at low settings. Siege hovers around 120-140fps (capped to 140fps). BO4 hovers around 80-150fps in Blackout.

I've tried a few things. I've DDU'd and reinstalled the latest driver. DDU'd and installed an older driver that never gave me issues. Reseated the GPU. Played without overclocking it. Changed Windows power settings. Restarting my Internet. Completely restarting my PC from scratch and playtesting.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't know what's wrong or how to fix my issues.
Any help is appreciated.

Oct 9, 2018

Says in the description I have. Also updated the post after crashing twice from prime95.

Oct 9, 2018

I actually just stress tested my CPU with prime95. My PC crashed almost instantly in the fashion I described. I tried with 3.65ghz OC instead of 3.7ghz, which made my PC endure the test more before crashing. I think it might be in fact a PSU problem now, since my OC was never something that crashed my PC this way.