Question GPU seems to be bottoming out in the case, I can’t seat it in the slot ?

Feb 15, 2023
As title says. GPU seems to be bottoming out. It also arrived with major bend in the bracket as you can see and I can’t screw it into the case bracket. However the bend itself doesn’t seem to be the issue, it literally won’t go any further in because it is bottoming out next to the motherboard. Attached some screenshots to see if I have things installed wrong. I appreciate any and all advice.
Forgot to mention, even though it isn’t fully slotted in, the GPU actually overperforms rather than performs worse, but I can never feel comfortable leaving it hanging like that.

B550 Mag MSI motherboard. 3060ti GPU

KyaraM

Admirable
It is slotted or it wouldn't work, first things first. If it bothers you, RMA it. I don't see the issue tbh. It arrived damaged. You got an RMA claim no matter if the card works or not. If you don't want to or can't because for some reason you bought a used card off some shady seller who probs rode it to near death through mining, there are GPU brackets that can stabilize the card from below, they cost maybe 15 bucks or so. Btw, I would reroute the cable... that looks hazardous.

Feb 15, 2023
It is slotted or it wouldn't work, first things first. If it bothers you, RMA it. I don't see the issue tbh. It arrived damaged. You got an RMA claim no matter if the card works or not. If you don't want to or can't because for some reason you bought a used card off some shady seller who probs rode it to near death through mining, there are GPU brackets that can stabilize the card from below, they cost maybe 15 bucks or so. Btw, I would reroute the cable... that looks hazardous.
Thanks for the response. I zip tied it to have support upwards enough so that the pins are deeper inside and it is no longer sagging. It’s very stable but not too tight that I’m pulling it upwards. I’m also going to get a GPU brace like you said and I’ll unplug that fan cable and hope I can get it connected. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS