[SOLVED] GPU Shopping advise needed

Exlord

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
Hi all the boys and girls ...
Last year my system blow up :( with your help I managed to get up and running with a new system. ;)
BUT I did not have enough budget for a gpu so I am stuck with UHD6360 for the moment :cautious:
This is my current build

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400 - 88.9%
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 - 5.9%
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB - 110.8%
SSD: Spcc Solid State Disk 32GB - 55.8%
HDD: WD Blue 6TB (2015) - 84%
HDD: WD Green 3TB (2011) - 57.8%
RAM: Kingmax GLNH23F-18---------- 2x16GB - 88.1%
MBD: Asus TUF GAMING B460-PLUS
PSU: CoolerMaster 650W GOLD

Now it seems that the GPU prices are dropping and my budget is building up :p So help me choose a nice gpu to last for years ...

I have my eye on ASUS TUF-RTX3060-O12G-GAMING but I was wondering if can go lower? Do I really need it?

My Main display is Ultrawide HD 2560*1080 60H and I am not planning on getting a 4K display anytime soon ...

I am a remote web developer and I play games while I am working 🆒 , currently only Starborne and CIV6 and I am waiting for Humankind ... mostly strategy as you might have guested
I tried the humankind's closed beta and it was unplayable on my UHD630. since I already have bought it :giggle: I wana be ready for when it gets out ...
I also might play some "Elite Dangerous"

But I don't want to be limited in the long run ...

So what would you do?

AND 1 more question , Is my PSU enough for this?

AND 1 more, My display has AMD Freesync should I consider AMD graphics too? or Its a useless tech and does not make much difference ?

Last edited:
Solution
RTX 3060 is basically the 'weakest' card from this generation so far. If you can get one at $350-400 that slots you right into high end gaming. Certainly get the job done in most games at 2560x1080. (FYI, used GTX1080 are about that price, and they are roughly equivalent)

A lot of fake GPUs out there. Make sure to stick to reputable brands and personal time stamped photos if you start looking at used cards. Lots of decent GTX 900 series cards out there as well.

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
VGA? If you mean GPU,then I would try to wait a little longer as they seem to be coming down. Hopefully you will be able to get a graphics card for a decent price. The integrated graphics on the CPU are terrible. The rest of the system looks pretty good. Actually it looks like it is begging for a decent graphics card.
The PSU should be fine.

Reactions: Exlord

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
RTX 3060 is basically the 'weakest' card from this generation so far. If you can get one at $350-400 that slots you right into high end gaming. Certainly get the job done in most games at 2560x1080. (FYI, used GTX1080 are about that price, and they are roughly equivalent)

A lot of fake GPUs out there. Make sure to stick to reputable brands and personal time stamped photos if you start looking at used cards. Lots of decent GTX 900 series cards out there as well.

Solution