GPU short circuit??

Aug 9, 2018
My gpu nvidia 1050ti stopped working the other day when i switched on my pc it said "no signal hdmi" i checked the HDMI cables but they were working so i took my motherboard and gpu for servicing they said my motherboard was ok but my GPU was "short" its a slag they use which i did not understand so i asked another technicion and he said "the reverse current flow from the monitor to the GPU migh have damage it".
So anyway they couldnt fix my GPU so they gave me a new piece, ive had similar problems in my house where my amplifier had short circuit so should i invest in a power conditioner to safeguard my components? i have a spike guard connected to the main supply current and the monitor and psu are connected to it. what should i do?

Solution
Well....power conditioners can be pretty pricey....and I think there's a chance that even though your GPU failed.....and your amplifier failed....that neither one of them failing had anything to do with the incoming power. They may have just failed on their own.
Well....power conditioners can be pretty pricey....and I think there's a chance that even though your GPU failed.....and your amplifier failed....that neither one of them failing had anything to do with the incoming power. They may have just failed on their own.

Solution
Jan 18, 2019
Perhaps check if your ground pins are nactually not under current due to false wiring. Just happened to me when I connbected the PC and screen to different sockets....and blew a 1080...