News GPU Shortage Got You Down? GeForce GT 730 Makes a Comeback

purple_dragon

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2012
You should not buy a GT 730 if you have a cpu with integrated graphics. It may be slightly better than Intel iGPU but probably worse than AMD iGPU.

Mar 19, 2021
Are you joking? Why would you post this. Such an old piece of crap video card. Literally 1000% worst than even todays integrated graphics. I hope no one actually buys this. They will be so disapointe.

Reactions: macgeek
Really sad times when you see the "leading edge" tech makers launching a 2014 product again, 7 years after its original launch date.

This is nvidia fighting the cryptocurrency issue, crap for gamers, best tech for miners.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
This GPU is really only good for getting a system with no graphic card to work. Beyond that, its not fit for multimedia and certainly not gaming. I agree that even Intel's UHD graphics may do better and also more efficient at the same time.

Reactions: King_V

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
Oh yes, this makes me feel much better.

I'd reiterate the belief TH got a kickback from MSI for publishing this one, because it sure isn't a tech news story.
They sure won't be putting this up on a banner anywhere.

Performance wise, though...it still compared well to, say, a 8800 Ultra.

Now it would be news if someone put -that- back on the market, now.

It's 2021, and MSI has released a new GeForce GT 730 Kepler-based graphics card.

GPU Shortage Got You Down? GeForce GT 730 Makes a Comeback : Read more
rubs chin Ya don't say? :D

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...s-with-next-r470-driver.3704681/post-22328256
DigitalGriffin said:
Architecture is so old it won't make any difference on modern games. Anyone trying to run a modern game on one of these is open to a rude awakening.

That said NOS (new old stock) GTX 730s are selling like hotcakes right now because it's the only card you can get your hands on at a reasonable price. People are using them as stop gaps until prices come back down.

Reactions: King_V
This GPU is really only good for getting a system with no graphic card to work. Beyond that, its not fit for multimedia and certainly not gaming. I agree that even Intel's UHD graphics may do better and also more efficient at the same time.

Vega 11 graphics on a Ryzen 3400g is faster than a 1030 DDR3 in a number of scenarios (Especially at higher res). So I would imagine you are right.

Really sad times when you see the "leading edge" tech makers launching a 2014 product again, 7 years after its original launch date.

This is nvidia fighting the cryptocurrency issue, crap for gamers, best tech for miners.

What's curious about this is 14nm parts were alive and well during the last crypto shortage. I remember $750+ RX580's at one point. Between Samsung, and TSMC 7nm, + the old 14/12nm nodes from GloFlo and TSMC you would think there would be enough older node capacity left to mfg these older lines.

Considering the last time there was a glut, I would imagine mfg are holding back on these older lines. A $200-$250 RX580/RX590 would be a welcome site for many.

Reactions: RodroX