Question GPU shows in Performance tab but not in Processes tab ?

Sep 20, 2023
I don't know why my computer doesn't show GPU column in Processes tab in Task Manager although it still shows in Performance tab. When I do anything the need GPU, my GPU is still working fine, the GPU's graphs are still showing but I still can't find GPU column statistics in Processes tab. I'm trying to right click to Task Manager and click to "GPU" and "GPU engine" options but it wasn't enable for me. I don't know what's happening.
I'm using Acer Nitro 5, Windows 11 Enterprise multi-session, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400H @ 2.70GHz 2.69 GHz processor, GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050, here is some images.

Screenshot-10371a0a314971e23.png
Screenshot-285fb522cd4e3164e.png

try running command lodctr /R in elevated (admin rights) commandline/powershell
that would reload performance counters

other than that you can try DDU your GPU drivers and install fresh GPU drivers
and also run sfc /scannow and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command in elevated commandline/powershell, just in case some windows files got corrupted

Reactions: sussybaka1337
Sep 20, 2023
Generally if its missing, the reason is a driver.

have you checked you have latest chipset drivers via the acer site?

i don't really see any other reason.
HnCuUzR.png

I have installed the drivers, and when I run any process that requires GPU, the GPU graph still shows.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Most cases of this problem are opposite to yours, they can see it in processes but not in Performance

I wonder if its because its a laptop and the Nvidia GPU is only used for games/graphical applications
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...1400h-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz.html

I am not entirely sure you can see the igpu's usage since its built into CPU.

Nvidia card wouldn't be in operation now. I wonder if it shows up if you alt tab while playing a game.

its common for laptops to use igpu for desktop and GPU for games.

can you right click start
choose run...
type dxdiag and press enter
in popup, click save information
this opens file explorer, lets you save a text file with the info from this app.
upload saved file to a file sharing website and show the link here... we see if anything obvious in there...

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS