Question GPU shuts down in specific games

Jun 6, 2019
Hello

I see this is a common problem but i got to the point where im really frustrated

I have a GT 1030/i3 3240/8 ram/220 psu, just an upgraded Dell

The problem is that when i play Sekiro/Cities Skylines or Risk Of Rain 2 my cards shuts down, fans spins at 100, i lose monitor signal but theres sound, this only happens when the temp of the gpu gets to 70.

It also get triggered with unigine heave

I remember one time i was playing BF4 and my gpu got to 77 so its not a temp problem

I have done a lot of things, A LOT, believe me

-Tried a different Gt 1030 (This got triggered at 75c)

-Tried different monitors

-Older/New drivers

-Different cables

-Tweaking settings

-Run with one ram stick

-Check cables

-Check if there was a watts limit on pci slot

The most important and what everyone suggest: a different psu, a gigabyte 400w sadly it didnt work

At this point i just believe the mobo is starting to die

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Have you verified individual CPU core temps also?
Does it only happen under load and not at any other times?
Does the issue still occur in safe mode? (Not sure if unigine is a program you can still run in safe mode, but if you can, this would be worth a try).

I would have initially pointed at PSU also, because the GT1030 does still recommend a PSU of 300W. So you'll probably want to upgrade anyway. But if you have changed it with no effect, then clearly something else is at play too.

Jun 6, 2019
Have you verified individual CPU core temps also?
Does it only happen under load and not at any other times?
Does the issue still occur in safe mode? (Not sure if unigine is a program you can still run in safe mode, but if you can, this would be worth a try).

I would have initially pointed at PSU also, because the GT1030 does still recommend a PSU of 300W. So you'll probably want to upgrade anyway. But if you have changed it with no effect, then clearly something else is at play too.
Hello, thanks for answering

Most of the time core 3 and 4 will be at higher temp but never gets past 60c
Something like c1 c2 at 50 and c3 c4 at 54

I would say kind of, only under gpu load i guess? only gaming on those 3 games and Unigine
When playing sekiro cpu is almost always at 100% same with gpu
Cities Skylines most of the time at 100% same with gpu
Risk of Rain cpu never gets above 80% and gpu at 100% only in first levels
Unigine only uses around 40% cpu

What do you mean? In safe mode i wouldn't be able to use my gpu and theres no way i can play any game with intel hd or do a stress test