Question Gpu shuts down meanwhile playing at Call of Duty: WWII

Sep 12, 2019
Hi everyone, I have bought last month a Zotac RTX 2080 Super.
I can play many games without any problems but I have encounter some crashes that totally shut the card with COD:WWII and Far Cry 5.
I have played FFXV a hardcore time (40 hours) on a week without any big problem.
I have played Shadow of Tomb Raider some hours with not much crashes and about that there is a fix note on 436.48 release notes, I believe it could be that one. Nothing big with Shadow of the tomb raider, that's more normal.

(I must tell you Call OF Duty: WWII was crashing before I played FFXV 40 hours "straight". Then after BIOS Update and drivers update it is still crashing.)

I have tried a DDU driver uninstall in Safe mode then I installed back a driver in normal mode.
I have formatted Windows 10.
I have also verified the game files and uninstalled and installed back the game many times.

My computer part :
Motherboard : Asrock X370 killer SLI
Processor : AMD Ryzen 2700x (Pinnacle Ridge)
Ram : Ballistix Sport 8gb 2400 mhz 2 times and used as dual channel (Overclocked)
GPU : Zotac RTX 2080 Super Twin Fan

Can you help me?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019
I got a question. If my card need a 6 pin connector and a 8 pin connector but they are all on the same cable (connectors to the card 6 pin and 8 pin) plugged on the PSU (PSU male side in the PSU VGA slot). Is this right? At the beginning, I was believing I plugged it in the wrong slot because it was the first game I played.

Now I don't believe that is the right problem but what do I know.

Do I need a cable for the six pin and a cable for the 8 pin?

My 250 watt GPU is connected to VGA1 output.

Last edited: