Question Gpu shuts off after running furmark

Jan 20, 2023
Hello i have gtx 580 and afer 1min my gpu shuts off im using two power supplies which are around 900w total [using 450w for cpu ssd hardsisk etc and other one for cpu] i didnt overclock gpu games work fine temperature is stable so idk whats problem

ak195

Distinguished
so what I understood is that you are using one PSU for powering GPU and other to power your whole remaining system components. wow seriously.
I think this is because of irregular power or variated voltages.
I will recommend first to use one good GPU and test with it.

If GPU was working fine before then test with single RAM.

NaClKnight

Prominent
Dec 7, 2022
Hello i have gtx 580 and afer 1min my gpu shuts off im using two power supplies which are around 900w total [using 450w for cpu ssd hardsisk etc and other one for cpu] i didnt overclock gpu games work fine temperature is stable so idk whats problem
Does your GPU PSU have the correct PCIe cables for that PSU or are you using some kind of adapter?

if you're using 2 different cheap PSUs it's quite likely that that's your issue

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Furmark is brutal on a gpu. Look it up anywhere, it's known as a gpu killer, literally. It's that brutal. Shutdowns with its use isn't unheard of.

I'd suggest using other software, such as MSI Kombuster, if trying to test the gpu. If you get the same results, it'd definitely point towards a hardware issue possibly a psu issue.